How to Register an AlphaX IoT Device
After purchasing the product, a welcome e-mail will be sent to you including your username and password. Please enter e-mail ID and password given in that email to log into the dashboard then start the device registration process.
For registering a node into the AlphaX Cloud dashboard, make sure you have the network ID in front of you. The network ID will be on the bottom label of your device and on its original packaging. Please open the website http://alphax.cloud, if you are not able to open the link, copy and paste the URL into your browser. Once you have opened the website, enter your credentials (email and password) provided by the M innovation in your e-mail.
1. Click on the "Data Sources" -> "Devices" tabs on the left menu bar
2. Click "Register Device" which is in top right corner
3. Once you have entered the node registration form, please complete the details.
Device Name: It’s the name that the user wants to give to the node. It is best to use descriptive text to identify the node in other modules within the system.
Number of Channels: The number of hardwired channels the device has available. Note that the CT-100 is a one channel device, a MHM4 is a 4-channel device.
Network ID: The Network ID is the unique identifier that’s used to find your device on the AlphaX cloud network. It is found on the label of each device and on it’s original packaging. Make sure you enter the Network ID correctly in lower case.
Network: The user can select the network protocol that the device is using to communicate from the dropdown list. This field is not required but can aid in identification and troubleshooting devices. Default is WiFi WLAN
Site: The site that the node is allocated to. This feature is not available in AlphaX Cloud Lite.
Last edit: The user who last edited the node.
Edit date: Automatically updated when the device was last edited.
Created date: The date when the device was entered into the system.
4. The final step is to Configure a sensor. When configured we can monitor active sensors on the AlphaX Cloud service.
A. Click on the Sensor tab in your device and then click on Configure Sensors button
B. The user will be presented with a pop up to configure the sensor channel. Enter the details into the form. Items marked with a star are mandatory.
5. Select the channel where the sensor is located. For CT100 devices this will always be channel 1. For MHM4 devices the channel will be associated with the port number that the sensor is plugged into.
6. Give the Sensor a Location Description. This is important to ensure that the sensor is able to be found within other modules within the AlphaX system. Make the description “descriptive” so you can find it again later.
7. Use the drop down to find the sensor type. This field is used for specialist type sensors such as GPS and MODBUS. This field is specific to your account and access levels, often there are no sensor types available.
8. Calibration Factor. This is a multiplication factor that can be applied to your sensor. Different sensors require different calibration factors. Simply measure the actual value, divide this by the latest data collected by your device and enter that value in this field.
9. Calibration offset. In most instances this can be left blank, but for some specialist sensors this needs to be entered.